* The passport holders of the following countries can obtain
a single entry visa, valid for up to one month, from Kazakh Consular Office,
without an invitation - on the basis of a personal application: Australia, Austria,
Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Ireland,
Iceland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands,
New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, United
States of America.
- Most of nationalities must obtain a Kazakhstan visa before
- Visa regulations within the CIS are liable to change
at short notice.
- Visitors staying longer than three days must register with
the Ministry of Internal Affairs. However, most travel agencies and hotels will
automatically do this on behalf of the visitor.
- Foreign visitors (except nationals of CIS countries) staying
in Kazakhstan for longer than 3 months may be required to take an AIDS test.
- It is now possible to receive a Kazakh transit visa on arrival
at Almaty Airport if you have a valid Kyrgyz or Uzbek visa.
- Please note that the only legal places where you can cross
the border is at a designated post - which means that now it is not possible
to follow the trekking routes over the mountains from Almaty in Kazakhstan to
Issyk-Kul lake which were popular in Soviet times.
Do not need Visas and registration in police:
- The transit passengers continuing their journey within 24
hours by the same or first connecting aircraft provided holding valid onward
or return documentation and not leaving the transit area.
- The residents of the following countries: CIS, Turkey,
Mongolia for up to one month.
- The diplomatic passport holders of the following countries:.
- Most of other nationalities must obtain a Kazakhstan
visa before arrival and staying longer than three days must register with the
Ministry of Internal Affairs.
- Visas can be obtained from Kazakh Embassies or consulates
where they exist (check your country below) You also can pick up visa at the
international arrivals lounge at Almaty, Astana, Atyrau, Uralsk or Ust-Kamenogorsk
international airports, but visa support must be arranged before arrival.
Entry/Exit stamps The only legal way to enter the Kazakhstan is at a designated
entry point. This means that it is no longer possible to trek over the border
(from Issyk Kul lake to Almaty). Moreover, it is very important to receive a
stamp in your passport at the border crossing point as proof of when and where
you entered the country.
If there are no officials in passport control or
they claim not to have a stamp (both of which have been known to happen in the
past) you should at least note the date, time and place where you crossed the
border. It would also be helpful if you note the name and number of any official
If you have some document - such as an airline
ticket or a hotel receipt - which shows when you were in the other country -
that might also help but the stamp in the passport is the only sure way
to avoid potential problems.
1. Valid passport with at least one blank page to affix visa.
2. One completed application form.
3. One passport-size photo.
4. Fee, payable on collection of visa.
5. Stamped, self-addressed envelope, if applying by post.
6. Numbered visa support form.**
*For tourist visa add: A letter from licensed travel
agency giving arrival and departure dates and accommodation details; for tourists
travelling in groups, a list with names and passport numbers (if travelling
without travel agent, you will need to contact any kazakh travel agency to arrange
visa support). Applications for those who travel with travel agent are usually
made by travel agent.
*For business visa add: A letter of invitation with
full address, details of activities to be undertaken and length of stay from
the contact organisation in Kazakhstan. Contact the Embassy for further advice.
*For private visits add: Letter of invitation from friends/relatives
endorsed by the immigration department of Kazakhstan.
*For transit visa add: Airline or travel ticket to final
**Check your country in the list above.
Working days required
Normally it takes 3-5 days for a Tourist visa.
Business visas can be obtained more quickly but this should not be relied upon.
Charging additional 100% can really speed up the procedure.
Visa fee - Charging additional 100% can really speed up the visa procedures.
- Visas cost change frequently, please check with your consular office.
KAZAKHSTAN EMBASSIES ABROAD
Botschaft von Kasachstan
Felix-Mottl-Str. 23, A-1190 Wien
Tel: +(43-1)36791750, Fax: +(43-1)3676174